Sunday, March 25, 2012

OOTD: Plus Size Colourblocking in Red & Purple

My philosophy on trends is to take them or leave them as you desire. Inspiration comes from all sorts of places, not just what people trying to sell clothes are telling you to wear. 

One trend I have picked up is Colorblocking. Before it was trendy I called it "Dressing colourfully" or even just "wearing more than one of my favourite colours at once!"  - catchy, no? 

I am rocking one of my all time favourite colour combinations here - red and purple. Purple is notoriously hard to photograph accurately, and it's clear my trusty iphone camera is not up to the task, but the detail picture has almost got it - this is a rich, regal purple, dark and lush.. not lavender, not plum, a pure purple.
Combined with scarlet it's a head-turning combination. 

I have a red singlet on that I bought for under $5 at a valleygirl/tempt outlet years ago..with that a red chiffon overlay skirt on sale at crossroads - it has the most lovely silky texture and is a joy to wear. 
Over the top a v-neck dress from Dusk, also years old. 


 The shoes are trusty red suede pumps from Target, looking a little more battered each day..
Of course I wore purple eyeshadow and red lipstick as well :)

You've seen my favourite bright colour combination - what's yours? 




My Ping in TotalPing.com