Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How to fix your nails on the bus, fast!

We've all been there, it's Monday morning and you're on your way to work, thinking rather sullenly of all the places you'd rather be than headed to work (Paris, Rome, back under your doona...)

You look down at your nails.. and.. uuugh... chipped, nasty nail polish. Very unprofessional looking and not something you ought to take into the office at all.... but how to fix them, fast?

I found something to do the trick - these little beauties. Cost about $5 from the chemist at Flinders St Station... they're called Nail Polish Remover Pads and they are made by Swisspers Nails.

Nothing terribly complicated about the concept, they are just round (cotton?) pads soaked in an acetone free nailpolish remover. They come in a plastic jar with an airtight lid..

I had a gold glitter polish with red crackle over the top - not an easy combo to shift, even chipped - glitter polishes are notoriously hard to get off your nails, so I was expecting to have to go through a few of these pads to get it all off.

To my surprise, with a bit of scrubbing, I only needed one of these little pads to get all the polish off. The other pleasant surprise was that there was no noticeable "nail polish remover" smell so I didn't disturb any of my fellow passengers while I took care of this.

The mess, fuss, and stink of trying to manoeuvre a bottle of nail polish remover would be really hard on a bus, but these make things easy to fix up your nails wherever you are.

They're going to be lurking in my office drawer from now on, just in case..
My Ping in TotalPing.com