Sunday, March 25, 2012

OOTD: Party dress, dressed down for everyday wear.


For a lunch with friends last week, i decided i'd like to wear the beautiful City Chic dress that i picked up at the Chub Republic fashion swap. The only problem was, the dress is perhaps a little bit fancy just for a lunch in the CBD.

To soften the look and make it a little more casual, i added a brown wool wrapover cardigan, stockings from Target (in the patterned section, which come in an "extra large" size!!!yay!!!!) and pumps from Rivers. I braided my hair asymmetrically on my head and added a fabric flower for good measure.

My handbag is a simple JAG design that i picked up at DFO Moorabbin at outlet price. I absolutely adore it, and it gets plenty of use.

Makeup was simple, pearlescent pinks on my lids, plenty of black liquid liner and mascara, and my trademark MAC dazzleglass in Salmon on my lips.

You really can wear your favourite party dress out to more casual occasions, if you just apply a little know-how to the accessories and keep it very simple. Hooray for many more occasions to wear beautiful clothes to!
My Ping in TotalPing.com