Saturday, March 31, 2012

OOTD: Victor Alexandre, City Chic

So, the weather is all over the place at the moment, so there's lots of layering going on. I try not to take a heavy coat unless it's really cold in the morning, otherwise I end up lugging it around all day.

This is a pretty standard work outfit for the most part - black pinstripe shirt, black pants, sensible flats..

The shirt is from an opshop, and it had the brand label cut out but the care instructions are in dutch. I like to think it travelled halfway around the world to find it's way to me. Pants are standard black business pants from city chic.

But the vest? The vest is something else.

 The vest is magic, and it's from Victor Alexandre, a local melbourne designer. It's long at the front and short at the back, and it's snuggly and comfortable - it's like going to work in a comfy hoodie but it looks much dressier than that. I love the heck out of this thing. It's a piece that was a bit of an investment, even on clearance, but at a cost per wear basis, really very cheap - I am going to be wearing and loving this thing for years to come.

Victor Alexandre do these amazing sculpural pieces that are a wonder of drapery - their stuff is always interesting and funky, and also really comfortable to wear, which is an awesome combination. I wish I could afford more of their pieces, but in the meantime I will enjoy the few that I have, very much.
My Ping in TotalPing.com